Flexible Hose Mandrels
Bell Plastics: Experts and innovators in hose lubricants
Mandrel lubricants are applied to flexible mandrels to improve mandrel ejection/blowout, minimising ejection time and water pressure, eliminating tube damage and mandrel damage (“snakeskin”).
We produce a range of mandrel lubricants, which have been developed specifically for hose production under the Bellflex Lube range
Bell Plastics Ltd produces only water based mandrel lubricant/release products eliminating risk of flammable solvents and environmental damage (VOC).
We offer a service to establish the best lubricant for each hose/mandrel combination, a service that is critical as tube compounds vary and behave very differently (even within the same generic rubber tube material type).
Through a combination of production selection, advice on how lubricant should be applied, we enable our customers to optimise mandrel ejection and reduce very costly, common issues:
- mandrel skin (“snakeskin”) contamination of hose and mandrel damage
- hose tube damage
- Unnecessary cutting of hose into shorter lengths
- Rapid mandrel ejection/blow out
Bell Plastics lubricants are not simply a range of mandrel lubricants but a complete lubrication service for all your mandrel needs.
Utilising both the intensively researched lubricants and the technical knowledge and international experience of Bell Plastics, Bellflex Lube ensures that your mandrels, your hoses and your lubricant all work in harmony.
Bellflex Lube products:
- Bellflex Lube 2713
- Bellflex Lube 2729
- Bellflex Lube 2730
- Bellflex Lube 2731
- Bellflex Lube 2745 completely silicone free
Supplied in 25kg drums
Non toxic and safe to use.
- Mandrel lubricant is optimised for ease of mandrel ejection
- Optimise 'release and slip'
- Better lubricant choice will reducemandrel ejection time and prevent unnecessary measures (e.g. high ejection pressures and cutting hose to shorter lengths)
Through Bell's in house testing facilities we can find the optimal lubricant for your rubber hose compound and mandrel of choice to:
- Improve mandrel life
- Prevent hose tube damage
- Reduce time consuming trials
Why choose Bell Plastics Lubricants?
The Bellflex Lube system addresses all of the key production issues:
- By reducing chemical and physical bonding, initila release from the tube can be significantly improved
- Improved 'slip' overcomes the high surface energy ('grip') of certain tube compounds which is critical for fast ejection
- Efficient lubricant application achieves the right balance between good coverage and excess removal
- Lubricant contamination kept to a minimum
- Airblades and Infa Red (IR) tunnels can be used to decrease drying time.