Flexible Hose Mandrels
Bell Plastics: Experts and innovators in hose mandrels
Bell Plastics is the leading independent manufacturer of flexible plastic vulcanisation mandrels for the rubber hose industry.
We make mandrels from nylon, polyproylene, thermoplastic elastomers (eg Hytrel®/Arnitel®) and TPX®, all to our customers' individual requirements using a unique, specially-developed extrusion process, which produces mandrels without holes/voids, improving long term dimensional stability.
Supported by our technical expertise and years of experience in this field, our mandrels help hose-makers reduce their total production costs and improve hose quality.
That's why successful hose manufacturers around world, from major multinational companies to smaller, ambitious local manufacturers, choose mandrels from Bell Plastics, the hose mandrel experts.
- Specially-selected compounds, chosen specifically for mandrels
- Accurate and consistent diameter for easy mandrel extraction, more accurate hose ID's and fewer hose rejects
- No central holes, voids or internal wire (unless desired)
- Long lengths, easily joined
- Flexible mandrels up to 50mm (2") diameter
- Types suitable for braided and spiral hose
- Long mandrel life for lower costs
Why choose mandrels from Bell Plastics?
- We are experts in hose mandrels. We have been making mandrels for over 15 years. Everything from the materials we use to our unique extrusion process is designed especially for making mandrels.
- Our mandrels make better hoses, at lower cost: With highly accurate and consistent diameters, no internal voids or wires and easy welding and extraction, our nylon mandrels are easy to use and produce less scrap hose. And with their longer life than most other mandrel types, they reduce the overall cost of hose production.
- Our application support. Using our extensive product knowledge and many years' experience of mandrels in use, we give our customers detailed technical advice on how to get the best results from them. And, for hose producers looking to use flexible plastic mandrels for the first time, or switching from a different mandrel material, we can help with transition process, by selecting mandrel materials that release easily from the hose and last several cycles (through age testing with tube compounds).
- Our wide range of mandrels means we probably have one to suit your particular application. Please contact us to discuss!
- Materials: Flexible nylon (polyamide), polyproylene, thermoplstic elastomer (eg Hytrel®/Arnitel®) and TPX®
- Diameters: 3 - 50mm (1/8th - 2"), to customer's own specification
- Colours: Natural or colour-coded for easy identification
- Supplied form: In coils, or wound on customer drums
- Coil lengths: up to 2,500m in a continuous length at DN6 (¼")
Our wide product range includes a mandrel for almost every application. Our technical advice will help you choose the right one for you. The range includes:
Type K nylon
Our standard, medium-flexibility nylon compound, suitable for the majority of hose production, particularly in the smaller diameters. Like all our nylon mandrels, Type K mandrels have highly accurate and consistent diameters and are completely free from internal voids. Flexural modulus of this material ranges from 550MPa - 1050MPa
Type R nylon
A higher-performance nylon compound, specially-modified for greater flexibility and better resistance to rubber chemicals than Type K. Widely chosen for larger mandrel diameters. The flexural modulus of this material ranges from 450MPa - 600MPa
Type U nylon
With higher tensile strength than Type K, our Type U mandrels are preferred for manufacture of the smallest spiral hoses, and for other applications where the mandrel is under particularly high tension. The flexiral modulus of this material ranges from 750 - 2700MPa
Type S nylon "Super-flex"
New! Our second new nylon mandrel grade, Type S ("Super-flexible), offers even more flexibility that Type R (flexural modulus 280-380MPa)
Polypropylene is a low cost material which can be used to produce braided hydraulic hose. Polypropylene typically works best between 9.3mm (3/8") and 25mm (1"). We recommend nylon below and above these sizes as a result of nylons preferred tensile properties which prevent stretching at smaller diameters (6.2mm, 1/4") and greater flexibility above 25mm (1")
Where even greater flexibility is required, or where nylons are incompatible with the hose material, we offer mandrels in a range of Arnitel® and Hytrel® grades and like our nylon mandrels, our Hytrel® mandrels are all solid, void-free and have no central wire (unless desired).
Our TPX® (polymethylpentene) mandrels are very flexible, have excellent chemical resistance and stability, and are easy to eject from the finished hose, making them preferred for certain applications. Please contact us for further details.
Click here :
To find out more...
Consult our FAQs for answers to more questions you might have about Bell Plastics' flexible plastic vulcanisation mandrels
Check out our downloads for more technical information
Contact us to discuss you own application in detail and to request a quotation
Hytrel® is a registered trademark of E.I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company. TPX® is either a registered trademark or trademark of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.