Bell Plastics range of high-performance UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) films offers solutions for the most demanding rubber hose applications, where high resistance to chemical attack or abrasion is required.
Chosen by major hose producers around the world for hose linings and covers, Bell Plastics' range of UHMWPE films offers a solution for every application, with the flexibility of service to meet each user's individual requirements.
- Resists 98% of all chemicals.
- Very low co-efficient of friction.
- Very high abrasion resistance.
- Most grades comply with food contact regulations.
- Bonds without adhesives to most rubbers.
Bell Plastics' UHMWPE films have a smooth, slippery surface, high toughness and outstanding wear resistance, making them an ideal choice for protective outer coverings on all types of hoses, from large industrial hoses to compact hydraulic hoses.
Our UHMWPE's high resistance to a wide range of chemicals and solvents make them an excellent choice for lining industrial fluid transport hoses.
And with their very low odour, food approval and ability to withstand steam sterilisation, many of our UHMWPE films are suitable for food, beverage and pharmaceutical hose applications.
What is UHMWPE?
Bell Plastics' UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene, also called UHMW-PE and UPE) consists of extremely large molecules of polyethylene. The size of these molecules, combined with the chemical stability of polyethylenes, gives UHMWPE excellent wear resistance, a low co-efficient of friction, high toughness and excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals and solvents.
We skive our films from solid blocks of pressed and sintered UHMWPE resin, to precise tolerances. Small quantities of carbon and other additives are added to the UHMWPE before pressing to modify the properties of different grades, for example to make electrically conductive or UV-resistant types.
Why choose Bell Plastics' UHMWPE?
- We are experts in UHMWPE. Bell Plastics was a pioneer of the introduction of UHMWPE to the rubber hose industry in the 1990's, first for hose linings alongside our XLPE sheet, and later for hose covers.
- Our application support. With our extensive product knowledge and many years' experience of the use of this exciting material in the rubber hose industry, we offer our customers detailed technical advice and support on how to use our UHMWPE films, and how to get the best results.
- Our materials. We only use premium-grade, Ticona GUR® UHMWPE resin for our UHMWPE films. With molecular weights of 5 million g/mol, these ensure all our UHMWPE grades offer excellent chemical and abrasion resistance - don't accept lower-weight alternatives!
- Our wide range of films means we probably have one to suit your application, and we can supply it at very competitive prices!
- Manufactured to customer specification of thickness, width, roll size and core type
- Molecular weight: 5 x 106 g/mol
- Thickness: 0.1 - 0.5mm
- Widths: 30 - 240mm
- Roll length: Typically 650m or more at 0.20mm (varies with thickness)
- Cores: 3" (76mm) cardboard, or other on request
UHMWPE Product Range
Our wide product range includes a grade for almost every application. Our technical advice will help you choose the right grade for you. The range includes:
Our natural UHMWPE film is more wear-resistant than steel, has very low friction, and resists a very wide range of chemicals. Ideal for industrial and food hose linings and can be used for wear-resistant covers.
A natural film containing added UV-stabiliser for longer life in outdoor applications than our standard natural film. For highest UV resistance, we recommend our black grades.
All the advantages of our natural UHMWPE, with a small amount of carbon to make it black in colour. The carbon provides excellent UV-resistance, making this material preferred for hose covers.
Contains a higher percentage of very finely dispersed carbon than our standard black, making the film electrically conductive. For use in applications where static dissipation is required.
A specially-developed film with carefully-designed UHMWPE and carbon particle sizes and concentrations, giving extremely high electrical conductivity for demanding applications.
As for our natural film, but with an opaque white colour. FDA-approved, like most of our films, this film is ideal for many food, beverage and pharmaceutical uses.
We can offer a range of hundreds of colours with the same basic properties as our natural film, in order to meet your exact aesthetic requirements or to distinguish your product in the market place. Please contact us for further details
To find out more...
Consult our FAQs for answers to more questions you might have about Bell Plastics UHMWPE films
Check out our downloads for more technical information
Contact us to discuss you own application in detail and to request a quotation