Major industrial hose producers around the world choose Bell Plastics XLPE sheet to give their hoses an inner lining with excellent resistance to a wide range of industrial chemicals and solvents.
Proven in service for over 20 years, Bell Plastics XLPE sheet is a reliable and trusted alternative to UHMWPE for chemical and industrial hose applications.
- Resists 98% of all chemicals
- Proven in service for over 20 years
- Bonds without adhesives to EPDM and other non-polar rubbers
- Softer & more flexible than UHMWPE
What is XLPE?
Bell Plastics XLPE (cross-linkable polyethylene) is an un-crosslinked compound of polyethylene and peroxide. During hose vulcanisation, this compound cross-links to form an inner tube of cross-linked polyethylene, strongly bonded to the rubber of the hose.
After cross-linking in this way, XLPE has excellent resistance to a wide range of industrial chemicals and solvents, making it an ideal material for the lining of chemical transport hoses.
Why choose Bell Plastics' XLPE?
- With almost identical chemical resistance to UHMWPE, XLPE's greater flexibility and lower cost allow a thicker lining layer to be used that is less vulnerable to damage by hose fittings.
- Bell Plastics has been making XLPE sheet for the rubber hose industry for over 20 years.
- With our unrivalled product knowledge, we give our customers detailed technical advice and support to get the best results from our XLPE sheet.
- Manufactured to customer specification of thickness, width, roll size and core type
- Thickness range: 0.4 - 0.7mm
- Widths: up to 540mm
- Roll length: up to 250m at 0.4mm thick
- Colour: natural or black